|Scholarship Information||| Print ||
OVCTA Scholarship Guidelines
ELIGIBILITY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP:
1. Must be an OVCTA member in good standing for a period of at least 1 year.
2. Must not have received a scholarship in the current calendar year.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
1. Event Information: Name & Date of the Event. Rider or Auditor. Entry fees.
2. A brief description of the applicant’s riding background, level they are presently riding and short term goals. Also include potential benefits of attending this event and how it will help the applicant reach their goals.
3. List of OVCTA events in which the applicant has participated (i.e committees, schooling shows, clinics, annual meeting, etc.) and how they contributed (i.e. as a volunteer, a rider, an organizer, a committee member, etc.). Volunteer participation may be used as a deciding factor.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT:
1. Write an article about your experience & submit it to the newsletter.
1. Will review applications and award scholarships on a monthly basis. Applications may be submitted at any time throughout the year.
2. The amount of each scholarship awarded will be 50% of the entry fee to the event, but no less than $50 and not to exceed $150.
3. Scholarships will be approved before the event but reimbursed to the recipient after receiving their article for the newsletter.
4. May limit the number of scholarship recipients per event.
5. The annual scholarship amount will not exceed $1200, unless the board agrees to an exception.
Please send scholarship questions and applications to the Scholarship Committee Chairperson:
430 N. Birdell Road
Honey Brook, PA 19344